National Press Club names Eskom as the 2019 Newsmaker of the Year
Eskom was named the 2019 National Press Club Newsmaker of the Year.
“The decision to name Eskom as the newsmaker was an easy one as there is no
denying the fact that the power utility’s inability to keep the lights on,
has negatively impacted both the small and big businesses which has resulted
in more retrenchments in an already ailing economy,” says chairperson Ntando Makhubu.
Hosting the National Press Club
There are still a few spots open for hosting a monthly National Press Club networking forum in 2020. If you are interested in hosting a function, please send an email to the secretariat. Our next networking forum will be hosted by the Council for Debt Collectors on Thursday 27 February 2020.
- National Press Club names Eskom as the 2019 Newsmaker of the Year February 7, 2020
- National Elections 2019: National coalition governments and independent candidates May 15, 2019
- World Telecommunication and Information day May 14, 2019
- Meet our new chairperson, Ntando Makhubu May 14, 2019
- National Press Club elects first black female chairperson May 6, 2019
- National Press Club statement on #WorldPressFreedomDay May 3, 2019
- How to write that winning article April 15, 2019
Become a member
Network with South Africa’s media leaders!
Looking back at some key moments since the National Press Club started.